Phone status: Unlocked!
Posted on by AJ Ianozi
I got a text this morning from cricket…. They finally sent me the unlock code! I put it in and successfully SIM unlocked my Lumia. With that out of the way, I decided to de-brand and re-image my phone with the T-Mobile image using this guide… it didn’t quite work the way I expected.
First off, the torrent that the OP put together was no longer seeded, causing me to work through the Lumiafirmware website to find the image manually (for those in the US who want the T-Mobile image directly, it’s here: RM-1073 VAR NAM US T-MOBILE SL). Next, the cable I was using was failing and almost caused me to brick my phone… I eventually finally got it imaged, set up the phone, and prepared to update to Windows 10 when… It utterly failed.
….yeah, I’m done for tonight, I’m going to bed…
Comments (& Webmentions coming soon)